pushing20

maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -arthur miller

11.07.2005

I <3 My Bed

I'm home this weekend in the City, going back up to school early tomorrow morning. I've been up all night writing a paper, and I realized a while ago that I haven't done any real work at home in like three years. Pretty weird, considering the hours I used to put in during high school. We'll see if the view of the Empire State Building helped inspire me.

I've spent most of the weekend eating in different places. Chinese on Friday night, Union Square Farmers Market Saturday lunch, sushi Saturday dinner, brunch today at my bro's first apartment, and my mom made dinner tonight. I was happy that I got to be there to be one of big bro's first houseguests. It really sucks sometimes that we live in different states...I feel like I'm missing all the fun stuff. Like, his girlfriend got to help him pick out furniture for his first apartment, and his little sister didn't. I wish I could have been a part of that.

But he knows me pretty well and didn't order photo prints to put up without me clearing them first. No pasty-face, messy-hair, zit-chinned photo of me, thankyouverymuch. Even if he's lookin' sharp. Hell, especially if he's lookin' sharp. I can still pull the sister veto on some things.

My mom fell asleep in the middle of the living room after dinner one night when all four of us were sitting around, watching tv, talking, whatever. She woke up a few minutes later.

"That's the best nap I've had in months," She sighed. "My kids are home".

Feels good to be loved like that, even when they drive me crazy. Family, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home