pushing20

maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -arthur miller

9.26.2005

First Paper

My first real (read: long) paper of the semester is due tomorrow afternoon, and while I'm no stranger to cranking out a seven page paper in an evening, I'm out of practice. So I'm sitting here at the computer with like two pages written since I started this thing about an hour ago, and what I really want is to go to sleep.

No dice, I guess.

The ascriptive theory of Americanism is interesting enough to fill the pages-- if only my concentration were good enough. Instead tonight has been all about the West Wing premiere. And then the Desperate Housewives premiere. And then, uh, Grey's Anatomy. I love Sunday night TV. I'm weak, what can I say?

So I'll make another pot of coffee on my illegal-in-the-dorm coffee maker and toss my cool new rugby ball up in the air for a little while as I consider the legacy of Alexis de Tocqueville, and hopefully get to sleep sometime soon. Or, you know, not. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home