pushing20

maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -arthur miller

6.18.2005

Summer Reading

I've spent the last few weeks in recovery from the academic intensity of finals. I've barely read the newspaper, let alone a real book. I made plans this week to go to an upcoming fundraiser for 826NYC, so to get psyched up for that I decided to get reading again. (Side note: 826 is a totally awesome cause. Donate money, or go to the superhero/pirate/lumberjack supply store near you and volunteer your time. Also, I love Dave Eggers.) The fundraiser is a reading featuring David Sedaris, Sarah Vowell, Joyce Carol Oates, and other awesome writers.

To get in the mood, I reread Sedaris' Naked this week, and bought Sarah Vowell's Partly Cloudy Patriot, which I am completely loving right now. She is so, so, SO awesome.

I've updated my "Currently Reading" section to include all the stuff I'm working on right now. A little bit of New York history, American history, and a book one of my profs assigned that I never quite got around to but looked good.

I think I'd forgotten what it was like to actually choose what I read. Feels good.

2 Comments:

  • At 6/19/2005 6:38 PM, Blogger Stacey said…

    Damn. I want to go - what incredible authors! Hope you post about what they have to say.

    "Naked" is one the better books I've read recently, and I keep meaning to pick up a book by Vowel - I love it when she's on The Daily Show. I'm jealous.

     
  • At 8/29/2006 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good design!
    http://abohlesm.com/jkvo/jvkv.html | http://ztujvxqd.com/vmdf/aqow.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home