pushing20

maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -arthur miller

5.06.2005

WARNING: i'm drunker than you right now.

So here's the birthday-in(-drunk)-progress post.

I am 20! my mother has called about 12 times to wich me a happy happy, as has my father, grandparents, aunts, my two bestest pals from home, my brother-- just everyone. Also lots of warm wishes via IM from people I haven't seen in a million years. Feels great to hear from everyone.

My room is full of huge, floaty, helium-filled balloons, care of my awesome friends. Just when I think I am sooo ready to go home for the summer, they do awesome things like fill my room with balloons and give me a terribly happy birthday. You know you're lucky when you love all your friends so much you don't know which ones you want to be with, you know? I'm very lucky, and very loved.

IN the grand tradition of my rugby team, our team chief brought me one of those teeny bottles of Jose Cuervo. So I downed that like the pro that I am (I got props for taking it so well...yay for starting early and knowing how to take a fucking shot). And then since it was our last practice of the year, we did a little celebrating afterwards.



So in closing, on this 20th anniversary of my birth, I feel just incredibly lucky and happy and not just a little bit drunk. Here's to another 20!





(also? Mets are up 6-1 in the 4th. YEAH.)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home