pushing20

maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -arthur miller

5.05.2005

Here we are, a month in to baseball season. Mets are 14-14, just barely hanging on to .500. As I've written before, I've been a Mets fan all my life and plan to stay that way till I die, so my criticisms are all out of love.

But here's what I've noticed this year:

I feel like every (well, almost every) game they play is a blowout. You just never know if it's gonna be the Mets slugging in 5 runs in the 4th inning, or if they're gonna be the guys with two hits and 4 errors for the game.

I guess it more or less correlates with the pitcher-- when Pedro pitches, the Mets are gonna blow the other guys out. But more generally, this is a rediculously unpredictable team. For example: just when you think Jae Seo and Victor Diaz suck so much they couldn't possibly suck anymore...they prove that theory, and stop sucking so much.

Cliff Floyd, somehow, has been the only constant on this team. The guy just completely earns his paycheck, every freakin' day. Piazza has been almost as consistent: the guy can't hit a ball to save his life. Everyone knows he's a shitty catcher, but we love him because he's a slugger, right? Yeah, a slugger with a .198 batting average. Great.

Oh, and Braden Looper? I hate you almost as much as I hated Armando Benitez. Think about that.




ps. I TURN 20 TOMORROW. how 'bout that?

3 Comments:

  • At 5/05/2005 1:27 PM, Blogger The Grish said…

    A rumor had made it's way down here during spring training that the Mets were sort of shopping Floyd around - so just think, you could have been more disgusted with the state of things at Shea.

    Oh, and happy birthday. From now on, you'll be Clinging to 20, instead of Pushing it.

     
  • At 5/05/2005 9:19 PM, Blogger Stacey said…

    Here's to a sparkalicious birthday!

     
  • At 5/06/2005 3:01 PM, Blogger Sharron said…

    Happy Birthday!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home