pushing20

maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -arthur miller

4.18.2005

Reasons Why I'm in a Shitty Mood

1. Mets are losing to the Phillies 4-0 in the fifth inning. And after the awesome 5-game run last week...Also, no Mets games on TV up here. I'm smack in the middle of Red Sox Nation, so we get all their games, and anything nationally televised. I caught a few innings of the Cubs-Reds matchup today, but I miss my Mets.

2. Three papers due this week. I got one in today (on Nixon's response to the Kent State University shootings in 1970), and hopefully will knock out a draft of my english paper before I go to bed tonight.

3. Chem problem set is due SATURDAY. What the HELL. That means it has to be done by Friday afternoon, since Friday night does not mean chem time, and I have a game on Saturday in Amherst, MA. Add it to the ever-growing pile of shit I have to do in the next three days. Awesome.

4. I was reading the Washington Post online a few minutes ago, and for some reason decided to go ahead and read the whole article on PA Senator Rick Santorum. Here's my favorite bit:

"He has a gift for getting attention, for better or for worse. The most egregious example of "for worse" occurred two years ago, in remarks to the Associated Press about a challenge to the constitutionality of Texas's sodomy law, a matter before the Supreme Court. According to the AP, Santorum said that if the court allows gay sex at home, "you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything." "

For god's sake. If a US Senator is espousing this kind of bullshit, it's no wonder eleven states passed laws descriminating against homosexuals this past November. I'm so sick of Republicans I could vomit.

But no time for a political rant now (see above). I'll just sit here and stew over it for a little while, then throw up my hands and go to my chem study group.

5. I was a huge, enourmous, beeyotch to HSG yesterday. He was annoying me and I was stressed out so it just happened. I'll call and apologize this week. Maybe. Or not. He called my facebook picture ugly, so two thumbs down to him. You don't earn cookies by pissing me off when I'm writing a paper at 2:30 AM, you know?

So to get Santorum out of my head, here's a picture of "interior designer" (read: fame whore/regular-type whore) Bobby Trendy. Link on over to Fugging it Up to indulge in a little Monday Night Funny.


Nice boa, Bobby.

1 Comments:

  • At 4/20/2005 11:18 AM, Blogger The Grish said…

    Well, hey, you've got to feel a little better today after the Mets belted out 7 homers against the Phils, right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home