pushing20

maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -arthur miller

4.04.2005

Next year is NOW.

Let me just put this out there: I am a Mets fan.

I love the Mets.

I love the 7 train, where you get a great view of the Manhattan skyline if you look up at just the right moment. The walk down from the elevated tracks is thrilling every time, looking over at the stadium so close you think you might get hit by a ball if the first inning has started already.

I love Mike Piazza, even if he is a terrible catcher. I especially love the rumor from a few years ago that he was shacking up with Sam Champion, the ABC weather guy. I think it's true, even if he's married.

I love the Amazin's of '69 and '86, even though I've only seen them on ESPN classic.

I love the '99 Mets. Even round, Hawaiian (and quickly traded) Benny Agbayani, who promised a World Series penant in five games.

I love Mets fans. Mets fans are loud, opinionated, and passionate. And they won't burn the hat off your head if you're rooting for the opposing team (I'm looking at you, Yankee fans).

Mostly, I love sitting in the upper deck with a lemon icee in my hand, Mets visor on my head, friends on every side.



My favorite season isn't Summer or Winter. It's baseball season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home