pushing20

maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -arthur miller

4.24.2005

My Pope jokes are fucking pathetic

An AIM conversation from last week with a friend from high school, wherein he reminds me that I am not as funny as I like to think I am:

M. (on what Newt Gingrich had said when he spoke at M's school that day): just about how the country was in danger, and how we all had to turn to god
bex: good thing we;ve got a new pope to guide us
M.: you just reminded me of your terrible pope joke *
bex: i need some new german pope jokes
M.: no you dont
bex: or i can always stick with the classic popemobile references
bex: i hear ratzinger is upgrading to a pope-vertible
bex: or a pope-utility vehicle
bex: no good?
bex: i just came up with those on the fly
bex: on second thought, let's just keep it between us that i ever said any of that
M.: you suck at this
bex: fine, let me hear YOUR pope jokes
bex: leave me one while I go get a commemorative pope-sicle from the freezer!
M.: you're an idiot

* the old Pope joke was from around when JPII died, Crazybrains and I were joking around about the possiblity that an African cardinal was going to become pope.

"What's he going to be, Pope click click?"
(the click clicks were noises made with our tongues, not the word click. hard to type those.)

Needless to say, M. thought it was stupid. CB and I still think it's funny, so screw him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home