pushing20

maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -arthur miller

4.08.2005

I'm a (musical) Pirate!

Indulging in a little musical piracy from my school library's extensive CD collection. Here's what I got today:

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (Wilco)


The Joshua Tree (U2)


The Genius of Charlie Parker


Elvis Presley: The Top Ten Hits



Groovin' High with Dizzy Gilliespie



The Definitive Bud Powell


As you can see I'm trying to beef up my jazz collection. I've listened to the Parker and Gillespie already, and they're great records. Gillespie's "Salt Peanuts" is one of my favorite jazz compositions because of how playful and silly it is...I've listend to it three times today and it never gets old. The U2, Wilco, and Elvis are all things I've been meaning to add to the collection, so a big thumbs up to the college library!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home