pushing20

maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -arthur miller

4.29.2005

Apparently, I scream like a girl.

...At least when rodents are involved.

There was (is? ) a mouse in my room.

We had pretty severe critter problems in my dorm this fall, with mouse sightings in almost all of the 12 rooms on my hall, and several killed in traps. We were told that the mice would go away when the cold weather came, and they did.

But now? The good weather is back, AND SO ARE THE MICE.

I was watching TV down the hall today when the Dish came in to the room and told me she had bad news. She saw a mouse in our shared bathroom, and it had scurried in to my room. After a cursory investigation (read: we tiptoed two feet into my room, each telling the other one to go farther), we confirmed that there was a mouse (read: saw it and screamed like the little girls that we apparently are).

We went and got a boy, because boys are better at dealing with vermi. Boy did some investigation but of course my tiny furry nemesis refused to come out. I left my door open and went down the hall for half an hour. Haven't seen the thing since I came back to my room, but I'm staying with mycomputer and all my limbs safely on my bed.

God. Sometimes I HATE living in the country.

4 Comments:

  • At 4/29/2005 2:16 PM, Blogger Blueyes said…

    Be glad its just a mouse instead of a big ass rat I found in my place when 3 houses got ripped down across the street. The kicker was it had babies too!! My cat cornered a couple of em so I could catch em and toss em out but that big ass rat made even me cringe when I found it dying in my doorway from poison I had laid out.

     
  • At 4/29/2005 4:52 PM, Blogger TrueJerseyGirl said…

    Its not just the country. I used to work in Newark, NJ (ghetto city) and we had mice running all over the place...on our desks while we were working, throughout the office and the hallways...NASTY!

     
  • At 4/29/2005 5:58 PM, Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said…

    Funny post! I like the quotes in parentheses. Nice blog.

     
  • At 4/29/2005 6:57 PM, Blogger Alekx said…

    Ha this is so me...I worked law enforcement for 7 years, would lay out and cuff and stuff the biggest baddest ass on the planet...but a mouse went running across my foot in my apartment and I was screaming like a hungry 2 year old leaping up on the couch doing the little hand swatting action like that was gonna make the damn rodent go away.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home