pushing20

maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -arthur miller

4.15.2005

Advil Cold and Sinus and bex: A Love Story

First of all, if you haven't gone to Britney Spears' website yet as I urged you in my last post, do so at once.

Done? Good.

I've finished a full box of Advil cold and sinus in the last four days.


(I know the image cuts off...deal with it)

I used to be the kind of person who didn't like taking drugs when I didn't absolutely have to, but in the last few years I've realized that that over-the-counter medicine is your friend, and particularly it is my friend. I have no excuse to bitch and moan about how bad my cramps hurt, or how much pain I'm in from rugby, or how sore my goddamn throat is and how my sinuses feel like the Keebler Elves have set up shop in there unless I try and do something about the discomfort I'm feeling.

So this week I'm all hopped up on cold medicine, because when I don't take it (and sometimes when I do) I feel like total shit. But with a game tomorrow and two papers to write on Sunday, I don't have time to fall behind, so I'm doing my best.

Skipped chem this morning. I'm baaad.

Awesome thing that happened this week: I GOT MY FIRST A ON A PAPER (in college, anyway). It's not that I'm a huge dumbass, or that I don't work hard. I can hold my own in the brain department and while I am an expert procrastinator, I get my shit done. The fact is my school is one of the few that has really kicked the grade-inflation problem. (Kicked it but good. Something like 8 people a year graduate with better than a 3.7.) So earning my very first A was thrilling, and if I keep doing well in that class maybe my pathetic little 3.04 GPA will go up.

The paper was on Fredrick Douglass, Booker T. Washington, and W.E.B. DuBois's autobiographies, and the different ways they used religious rhetoric in telling their stories and gaining support for their causes. It was an interesting topic, I think. Anyway, I'm proud of it. It's goin' on my little dorm fridge.

The Keebler Elves in my sinuses feel like they're trying to get out. Pass the Advil, please.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home