pushing20

maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -arthur miller

3.14.2005

Malaria free is the way to be

Today an email went out around 10am from my friend who's putting together the spring break trip saying that there's been a malaria outbreak in the Dominican Republic lately, so we need to get some malaria drugs before we go. All 18 of us met up at our college Health Center a few hours later for prescriptions.

While we were there the nurse checked our immunization records, and it turned out that a few of us were about a year away from my tetanus shot wearing off. They offered to give the booster right then and there. Unlike half my teammates, I ain't no needle-fearing sissy, so I rolled up my sleeve and was out of there in like thirty seconds.

So now all you rusty nails out there can watch out for ME for the next ten years, 'cause I can step on as many of you as I like.

3 Comments:

  • At 3/15/2005 12:52 AM, Blogger No-Name said…

    MMMM Tetanus shots!

    You are just lucky you didn't get a shot in your butt your first day back from winter holiday...

     
  • At 3/15/2005 12:40 PM, Blogger dom said…

    LOL! Last friday I stood on a rusty nail,and had to have a tetanus shot (in my bum)..Not only couldn't I walk properly,I couldn't sit down either!

     
  • At 3/15/2005 1:36 PM, Anonymous Dave Diamond said…

    I'm a big baby when it comes to needles, but I guess I wouldn't want to get malaria!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home