pushing20

maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -arthur miller

3.04.2005

listening to Ben Harper VERY quietly right now, and trying not to move

Last night was far drunker than I meant it to be...After drinking too much sangria with my friends I ended up playing 4 games of beirut with three football players that I don't know AT ALL. And that was after playing Super Nintendo drunkenly with more guys I don't know. Nothing like the SNES to impress the fellas. heh.

The night ended in my bathroom, where I spent some quality time on the floor by the toilet. I have a whole new appreciation for the automatic flusher we've got in there. Also? Sangria was better goin down than coming back up. (Gross. Sorry.) The bathroom connects my room to the Dish's room, so she heard the whole thing. Excellent friend that she is, the Dish made sure I wasn't dying and stuck me in bed.

I missed chem this morning. Bad, bex! bad! I don't even remember hearing my alarm, though I do remember waking up when my Eternal Sunshine poster fell off the wall. I'll deal with it later when my brain is less sluggish.

I'll end this with an appropriate Langston Hughes poem (I'm going through a bit of a phase, bear with me):

Morning After

I was so sick last night I
Didn't hardly know my mind.
So sick last night I
Didn't know my mind.
I drunk some bad liquor that
Almost made me blind.

Had a dream last night I
Thought I was in hell.
I drempt last night I
Thought I was in hell.
Woke up and looked around me--
Babe, your mouth was open like a well.

I said, Baby! Baby!
Please don't snore so loud.
Baby! Please!
Please don't snore so loud.
You jest a little bit o' woman but you
Sound like a great big crowd.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home