pushing20

maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -arthur miller

3.30.2005

I am officially turning in to a vegetable.

The second part of my Spring break has turned into a week-long veg-out. I'm not complaining at all- I'm enjoying every minute of it. Every afternoon spent sprawled out on Crazybrains' bed watching HGTV, every Real World/Road Rules Challenge marathon, every episode of anything in prime time that I don't get to watch when I'm at school. (As a side note...Crazybrains and I once watched TV for 24 hours straight. But that's a (highly entertaining/ridiculous) story for another day.)

I'm also doing my little food tour of Manhattan, trying to hit as many of my favorite places as possible before I go back to the land of dorm food. So far it's been two great sushi dinners, two different Chinese restaurants, Indian food, falafel, and lunch today at one of the best sandwich spots in the city. Needless to say, I am running out of money. I have $100 in my checking account. oops. There's a bit more in my other account up at school, so I'll make it 'till I get back to work for the summer.

I went shopping today (...yeah. shut up.) and got some good new things. Giant sale at Express, so nice new tank tops. Cute undies from American Apparel. Shiny new aviator sunglasses because I busted mine on the beach. A purse that was half off in 9West, which was totally unnecessary but makes me happy. Also, I'm an Adidas addict (I've gotten like 7 pairs in the last three years), so I got these:



I'm in love with them. Plus, they're kinda carrot-y, which adds to the vegging going on this week.

5 Comments:

  • At 3/31/2005 11:08 AM, Blogger Steve said…

    Hmmm - $100 in Manhattan will get you about... half a meal. I'm surprised you managed to make it last this long.

    It's refreshing to come across someone who doesn't spend her Spring break down in Cancun getting so drunk she doesn't even remember she was in Cancun, as I complain about in my blog. I spent a great deal of my break playing videogames.

    TV-watchers and videogame-players unite!

    -Steve
    Games are for Children

     
  • At 3/31/2005 1:21 PM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    FIRE UP THE TIKI TORCHES! I prefer to get drunk and PRETEND i'm in Cancun;) It's much cheaper!

    p.s. love the shoes! Orange is my fav!

     
  • At 3/31/2005 2:46 PM, Blogger Stacey said…

    Love the shoes, too.
    Very peas and carrots!

     
  • At 4/01/2005 10:41 PM, Anonymous absent.canadian said…

    Groovalicious shoes! Wish I had seen these a few days ago when I was shoe shopping.

     
  • At 11/05/2005 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Helllo bex,

    I was searching the internet for snowboarding backpacks related information and arrived at your website. "this post" was not exactly what i was looking for, however it was quite an interesting read.

    I will continue my search now for other snowboarding backpacks related sites, but I will certainly bookmark this one for future reference.

    Thanks again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home