pushing20

maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -arthur miller

2.26.2005

I <3 classic ER

I just watched one of my favorite classic ER episodes, season one's Blizzard. There's a great montage of the ER crew getting ready for all the victims of a 37-car pile up. Very dramatic music, people looking busy, stuff like that. But clearly the best part of the episode is when Bob the polish desk clerk cross-clamps an aorta. Because as it turns out, Bob was a vascular surgeon back in Poland.

Siigh. Of COURSE she is.



ER was my most favorite show in the world for a very long time. In fact, from age eleven til seventeen or so, Thursday from 10-11 pm was family hour in my apartment. I wouldn't call this show the reason I want to be a doctor, but it's probably the reason I started volunteering in a hospital at 14. So in some ways, I blame my current chemistry hell on George Clooney, who I used to love SO MUCH. Until I turned 16 the day he turned 40, and I thought maybe that was wrong. But wrong in the good way, right?

My ER season 2 DVD's are coming this week. Can't wait.

2 Comments:

  • At 3/07/2005 5:05 PM, Blogger Crazy Girl City said…

    I have always loved the classic ER better then the current.

     
  • At 11/03/2005 1:28 PM, Blogger Michael said…

    Sports injuries. Health issues. Your this post is central to health issues and other related subjects and bex I want to thank you for the insight. peripheral arterial disease, and peripheral arterial disease are subjects of our http://strokescans.blogspot.com and while blogging this morning I came on yours. Keep up the great articles.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home