pushing20

maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -arthur miller

2.11.2005

The Gates

I'm going home to New York City next weekend to see The Gates, which should be absolutely amazing. The artists, Christo and Jeanne-Claude, have been working on it for 26 years, and have raised $20 million (!) to stage the whole deal. 750 giant orange gates stretching across almost every path in Central Park for two weeks. Sounds completely awesome. The Met is opening the rooftop garden to the public in winter for the first time ever so we can see it from above.

Also, Crazybrains, my best friend from growing up, is flying home from school for the weekend. We've been planning to meet up at home for this for months, so I'm understandably psyched.

I just love cool New York stuff, and this is going to be one of those things that everyone remembers I think, so I can't wait to get home and wander around the park for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home