pushing20

maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -arthur miller

2.22.2005

Embracing My Inner Fat Kid

We've all seen the cartoons where people have a tiny angel on one shoulder and a tiny devil on the other one. The two are constantly at odds over what their host should do, their voices always invading thoughts, changing outcomes. I'm pretty comfortable with my sense of right and wrong. I have another little guest hanging out within me, though.

I have an inner fat kid.

I wasn't totally fat when I was little, so this isn't one of those fat-person-in-a-skinny-body issues that should be resolved with therapy. I am relatively average in size-- I could use to lose a few, but I'm not suing McDonalds for trying to kill me or anything. My inner fat kid just nudges me to finish everything on a dinner heaping plate, or scarf down an extra piece of pizza just because it's THERE, and not being eaten. That's a big part of it: food that wouldn't get eaten otherwise. If Jen says she isn't going to finish her sushi? A pudgy finger pokes me from within, telling me how DELICIOUS that sushi is, how full and satisfied I'll feel if I eat it. I love food, and she likes to remind me just how much.

Right now I'm enjoying far too many chocolate cookies that I brought from home. I think my portly little friend is happy. God knows that I am.

I don't really mind having an inner fat kid, I just wonder why I don't also have an inner personal trainer or fitness guru or something, just to balance out.

8 Comments:

  • At 2/23/2005 2:19 AM, Blogger Junebugg said…

    My God, that's what that voice is!!! My inner fat kid has taken over and I'm attempting to wage war against her, with my waist line as the prize. Thank you for bringing her to my attention.

     
  • At 2/23/2005 2:25 AM, Blogger Junebugg said…

    My God, that's what that voice is!!! My inner fat kid has taken over and I'm attempting to wage war against her, with my waist line as the prize. Thank you for bringing her to my attention.

     
  • At 2/23/2005 2:25 AM, Blogger Junebugg said…

    My God, that's what that voice is!!! My inner fat kid has taken over and I'm attempting to wage war against her, with my waist line as the prize. Thank you for bringing her to my attention.

     
  • At 2/23/2005 2:25 AM, Blogger Junebugg said…

    My God, that's what that voice is!!! My inner fat kid has taken over and I'm attempting to wage war against her, with my waist line as the prize. Thank you for bringing her to my attention.

     
  • At 2/23/2005 2:25 AM, Blogger Junebugg said…

    My God, that's what that voice is!!! My inner fat kid has taken over and I'm attempting to wage war against her, with my waist line as the prize. Thank you for bringing her to my attention.

     
  • At 2/23/2005 2:25 AM, Blogger Junebugg said…

    My God, that's what that voice is!!! My inner fat kid has taken over and I'm attempting to wage war against her, with my waist line as the prize. Thank you for bringing her to my attention.

     
  • At 2/23/2005 2:25 AM, Blogger Junebugg said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2/23/2005 2:25 AM, Blogger Junebugg said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home